Friday, June 12, 2009

Painting my World



I have discovered something uncanny with these simple paintings that I am doing: They come true. I have done half a dozen or so featuring a character very much like myself. A month or so later, I find myself in the very scene that I have painted!

"As the plant springs from the seed, so every act of a man springs from the hidden seeds of thought and could not have appeared without them."

I am now consciously using this as a tool to focus my intentions. The paintings may look simple but a heck of alot of work goes into refining them and getting each detail and layout just right. My blog here is an important part of the process of sharing the process, the picture, and the ideas behind each painting.

For example I am putting out the intention of experiencing Greece and also a triadic relationship. To embark upon the voyage of these intentions, I am painting a picture of a Guy in Glorious Greece. In another painting, three people together in a joyous blue sky day. Each painting involves sketching and sketching the simple scene over and over until the mix of composition, symbols and characters is just right. These sketches help refine not only the painting but the idea and the intention.

The sketches then go up on my blog-- see my last post for example. I then begin work on the painting. Finally the painting will be publicly exhibited and posted on my art site. This whole process of personal reflection and then public posting help draw the choosen experience to me.

But you don't need to be an artist!

The principle at work here is very simple. You just need to start by speaking your dream, your intention. If you can't speak of an intention how the heck is it ever going to come to you? And once you do speak it, that's when the fun begins-- it comes to you! No more struggling or striving. It just comes to you.

"Of all the beautiful truths pertaining to the soul which have been restored and brought to light in this age, none is more gladdening or fruiful of divine promise than this-- that man is the master of thought, the moulder of character and the maker and shaper of his condition, environment and destiny".

Quotations from As a Man Thinketh, by James Allen

No comments: