Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blue Universe




My camera has died. Its been a good excuse to go through some of my old photos. I have discovered some art that I created back in Smithers that I have never shared or exhibited.


Working on paintings back in Smithers I had become fascinated by the beautiful patterns that formed when I mixed large batches of paint together. They were like micro universes of colour! My friend Gord lent me his killer Canon 30D pro camera. I did a shoot of these in 12 MP high resolution format. On the original files you can zoom deeper and deeper into the fractal worl.


Here is one of them. I have used photoshop to supp it up, to bring out the colours and the intense patterns. I love it. Cannot believe I never did anything with these. Imagine this printed out nice and big and hanging on austere white gallery wall.


NICE.
If I get a comment or two on this I will add some more from the series!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian and Ellen commenting as requested! Beautiful.

Jaime said...

Kinda like when oil hits the puddles on the street hey

Unknown said...

This blue blew me away with it's depth of connection to water. It's like a meld of ocean and sky to coat anything around you. Very impressive detail. Should be in sone European designer's office.