Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Stones Speak II




After my experience at Stonehenge (see previous post), I continued onwards to Avebury.

Avebury is a larger and older stone circle. It isn't nearly as commercialized. Its still free to visit and you can still walk around and touch the stones. I arrived in the evening, camped, then spent most of the next day there.

It may sound a little silly but I shared with the stones my intention of building a grand mandala with the people of the planet. The stones had a gravity to them, that seemed beyond their physical and material prescence. I meditated beneath them.

Working at table in the center of the circle, I had a break through in my logo design work for the mandala project. The new logo is composed of the numeral '1' arrange in a mandala circle. Just like Avebury's circle of standing stones.

What a great inspiration the day and the place proved to be.



No comments: