Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Hague

I am constantly amazed at where the flow of my journey takes me.  Today, I stopped on a busy bridge, surrounded by embassys and the ornate archtecture of the hague's diplomatic core.  Underneath my feet the water was perfectly still-- the buildings reflected in its dark gaze.  

I've made a pilgramage to the Canadian embassy here to replace my passport stolen passport.  

And here I am.

The last few days I've been swept away in a roaring rush of interpersonal revelations.  Its been pretty crazy.  I have written hundreds of words that I've typed over the last three days as I have been confronted by one situation after another.  All in the small, quaint town of Oosterhaut.  Who would have thought?  I was supposed to be taking it easy here!  

  Today, ironically, making my way to the busy diplomatic nexus of the Hague, has been one of the most languid and relaxing days for a while!

Honesty.   Its a simple word.  But so is gun powder a simple substance!  Honesty can take you to explosive places where life takes on a fiery intensity.   But also meaning.  And colour.   As we all known, fireworks and their vibrant explosions of cascading colour, can be quite sublime and beautiful.  

I've been striving to follow Honesty's harrowing path.   What a ride.   

Next:  the 3 AM writings!



 

1 comment:

Ásta Sóllilja (Sólin) said...

This really makes me curious. Love to meet again for a chat one of these days.

Happy new year my dear canadian friend. Looking forward to following this years adventures.