Thursday, December 4, 2008

Indecision

I write from Antwerp Belgium.  I am cycling through.  I am at a little cafe in the downtown area.

I am in this city trying to decide whether to stay or not.  Here lies a warm bed, comfort and a cool place to visit for a day or two.   The road leads to much uncertainty, the unknown and no definite place to stay.  If I stay I maintain an illusion of strength.   If I go I show weakness and vulnerability.

I can't decide which to choose.  I've been here at this cafe for an hour now.

To stay and wait, or to go onwards?

After writing this down the choice is all but existential.

Onwards.

2 comments:

Ásta Sóllilja (Sólin) said...

I had a friend - or have a friend, who went missing once for more than six months. Nobody knew where he was. When he came back he told us he hat been in Antwerp. Is it a place worth hiding in?

Unknown said...

Dear friend, breathes deeply and you will know that to do.
Querido amigo, respirá profundo y sabrás que hacer.

Vero.

www.serdecolores.blogspot.com