Friday, December 12, 2008

I am Happy



My friend Jarrett, told me a story about how he took his peace portrait for my 1Mandala project.

Apparently, he waited for several weeks til he felt just the right combination of joy and peace.  When he hit it, he called his quickly called to his partner "Quick get the camera! I am ready!"  They scrambled around and found the camera and he beamed out some great vibes.

I am happy. 

I have had a glimpse of the beautiful workings of the universe and how it is bringing me, and others, the experiences we need to heal and grow. Things that I thought could only be bad, have somehow twisted and transformed into blessings and deep connections. Its as if, I've come out a long shaded valley and risen to the crest of a green hill. From my perch I can see ahead and behind-- the path does indeed run straight and true! The forest was not dark, but rather cool and refreshing. I knew it all along, but somehow nearly forgot.

Fortunately, unlike Jarrett, I have a built in webcam on my laptop! Listening to a nice song, it hit me that I too had some great vibes to shares. That's my peace portrait.