Monday, August 24, 2009

Sea Shell Mandala




The other day I was treated to a magnificent meal with my new friends Rossela, Irina and Sofia here in Florence.

After our supper of fresh muscles, pasta and a rich white wine and parsely sauce (magnifico!) the conversation turned to mandalas. I tried to explain what Mandalas are. I started talking excitedly about sacred geometry, consciousness raising and Tibet. I obviously wasn't doing a very good job explaining, because Rossela looked over at me at little confusedand asked:

"Ok... but what really is a mandala?"

Mandalas, when it comes down to it are really simple!

So, I looked over at the bowl of empty muscles. A picture is worth a 1000 words right? A mandala of muscles must be worth at least 1500! This helped clarify things.

Unfortunately, now they're going to have to wash the table cloth!

No comments: