Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year

What an absolutely spectacular year. What a grand adventure it has been getting to know so many of you all, and well… myself! And now that year has come to a close. Never, ever, could I have imagined it was going to be like this.

I have known the heights of love and the collapse of health. I have watched the sun rise on stonehenge and sighed as it set on Tuscany. I have pondered the stars in desolate fields, and have been blinded by the neon in great cities. I have danced holding hands with hundreds and toiled up mountains pedal by pedal alone.

Such blessings. With a little reflection, its clear to see that it was not the places, nor the towns and cities, it was the friends and moments shared with them that made it.

Almost exactly a year ago, I stood in a 1000 year old Welch Church and was overcome with a singular feeling: I was poised to have one of the most amazing years of my life. Indeed. That night, holding a beautiful hand, thousands and thousands of sparrows coursed across a sky as if to confirm the feeling.

I have another feeling. This is going to be one fabulous sequel.

As the slow falls softly, but surely here in Ottawa, as my energy and intention coalesce, I feel a year of prosperity, grand love and epic adventure on a planetary scale beckons. I hope to see you on the set!

No comments: