Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Simple Series Begins




Its been a dream of mine to do art in Berlin. 

 I am in Berlin.  I am doing art.   I am living my dream!

Every day as I walk down the street I look about myself with a certain surreal bliss.   This is what it is all about folks!

I am doing a series of paintings in my Simple Style.  Here is one the sketches for a painting I am now working on.   

I have been gifted a space in a studio in Kreuberg with a veteran Berlin sculptor.  A friend last night commented that people look months for places like what I have found.   Somehow I was gifted this on my third day in Berlin!

Otto, the kind german sculptor who so spontaneously offered to help me out, took me out for coffee yesterday.   We are getting to know each other now as I come by each day to work on my paintings.  What a FUNKY neighbourhoud!   

Another friend commented that I couldn't have found a better place in all Berlin, if not Germany to work from.  Its this crazy culturally diverse area of Berlin that is filled with artists and creative folks.  The coolest cafes abound.   Micro art and design business are scattered about.  Hipsters and artists lounge in cafes toting their macbooks.   Languages flow like water from everyone.   It reminds of the jazzy district I worked from in Brooklyn last Fall.  But... times five!  Its what you would call "THRIVING".

Ok... just typing this I am getting excited.   Time to set off to "work"!

:-)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amo lo simple de esta pintura.