Sunday, May 31, 2009

Twitter

Yikes!   Its been almost five days since I posted a blog.   Wow.   Well, in case you were worried about me-- I am still alive and kicking!

Kicking and Tweeting.

I have been experimenting with the exciting new phenomenon of Twitter.   I have also been exploring a host of new social media and networking sites and tools.  Oh my... the world is an exciting place these days folks.   The power and potential behind these new medias is phenomenal.   I see it through the lense of how these tools can help out the 1Mandala project and I am excited for us.  I am excited for Humanity!

The essence of these new technologies is greater interconnection and collaborative potential.  I hope to write about each one seperately in the next few days.   

Twitter is like blogging but... you can only use 140 characters.  This means people are forced to succintify their message, links, thoughts, and doings into key words.   Messages can also be easily and quickly posted.   You subscribe to the flow of people you want to hear from.   Ideas and websites and YouTube videos now flow back and forth faster then ever.  The flow of Tweets thus becomes the evolving flow of consciousness of the internet.  You can actually see in real time this phenomenon!

I am using Twitter as a way to share new peace portraits as they come in.  Check out my account and subscribe.  Get a Twitter account if you don't have one-- just at least so you know what all the buzz is about.

http://twitter.com/1Mandala

As Stephen Fry put it in a recent blog entry: “I love how Twitter confirms my all too often assaulted belief that most humans are kind, curious, knowledgeable, tolerant and funny. The absurd constraints of the 140-character tweet seem oddly to bring out the best in wit, insight and observation.”


No comments: