Saturday, February 12, 2011

Arrived!




I made the long trip into Guina'Ang the other day. I absolutely delighted to see the first pile of 1Books that have arrived.

Wow!

How amazing to see the parcels from all over the world there in that little village high in the mountains! Even more amazing was to see the smiles on their faces as they opened up these beautiful books and flipped through them. The small group that helped me sort through them were thoroughly fascinated and could barely put them down.

We're really on to something powerful and amazing with the 1Action concept. It chilled me to the soul to witness the blessing coming together there in the mountains.

We're learning lots from this first one! It's taking much longer than we thought, but its happening. I can't wait to go back next week to the school with Sarah (who's coming up from Manila!) to do the second artistic component of the project.

In the meantime, we're hard at work on a revamped website and social systems to coordinate the next 1Action. Dan sent in 1box of pastels with his book and that precipitated and amazing mandala making session with 50 kids while I was there. One box made such a blessing! That's already giving us new ideas!

I am a little delayed getting the photos up as I am having iPhone challenges. First thing though, I wanted to share these photos with you guys! You'll recognize your books i think! A second batch of books awaits in Manila still.



No comments: