Saturday, February 5, 2011

Student Grattitude!



The other day I was finally able to make it back to Guina'Ang village and school. Alas, I only had one day to visit. My purpose was to see the 1Books that had arrived and to touch base with the teachers.

However, to have some fun, I offered to do a workshop with one of the classes.

It had been a good two months since I was there last. Imagine my surprise and delight to find this on the chalk board when I and the principal walked into the grade four class! The principal was going to introduce me. However, the kids remembered me and on their own initiative made this beautiful greeting for me on the chalkboard!

Talk about gratitude and enthusiasm! The students were 100% eager to learn and listen. And grateful. At the end of the class--get this-- they all lined up to shake my hand. All 50 of them!

When students are this eager what can you do? I gave them my attention the whole day and, incorporating mandala art into their current math lesson on ratios, we made the most amazing Mandalas together.

More photos to come!





The students with all the 1Books that have arrived.


No comments: