Monday, January 26, 2009

Although there are clouds, the sky is not grey...




That's the lyrics from the song "La Vie est Belle" by Afterlieste, a Belgium band I have been listening to.

There are definitely clouds in the sky today.  The windy is blowing pretty hard.  Its even pretty wet and rainy!  But no...  the sky is not grey-- can you see off in the horizon that tinge of pink?  Greyness is state of mind, and I am not there at all today, despite the best efforts of the weather.

I am cruising with joy.   Its wonderful to be back on the open road.   The Dutch countryside roars by me in a blaze of incredibly real stereotypical icons.   Unending flatness, windmills, and canals, dykes and boats everywhere. 

  What a beautiful ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Russ. Good to see that things are going well. Are you going to art school there, yet? I noticed that you had at least one new painting on your website; it looks good. I look forward to seeing more. Later.

Nigel