Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rotterdam Morning




Wales. London. Rotterdam.

Out the window a new day is rising. The Rotterdam sky is tinged with pink. It looks like another cool, clear, crisp day.

I too am feeling cool, clear and crisp. Yesterday, after fasting, yoga, mediating and a long walk through the city, I cleared both my mind and soul from the cob webs of Christmas. The flow has taken me from a dazzling day in London, back to Holland and now here to this spectacularily avant guard city.

Having returned to Europe I must now transition from the sumptuously sedate holidays to the focused fervor of January-- I too as an artist am not immune from this! Its a transition that I welcome. I am deeply looking forward to getting back to my art.

Yet, as I move on some major questions lurk in my soul unresolved. What is love? What is a relationship? Does love mean togetherness? Can love also mean parting and going two separate ways? Does love mean just one person? What is it that I feel?

Its been a day without food. I take my first bite of a sumptous orange. I am consuming a mandala. The radiating pattern of crescents strikes me as strongly as its bright colour this morning. The taste is sweeter and stronger than usual.

Perhaps its me.

Perhaps its the orange.

No comments: