Thursday, February 19, 2009

From the tent

I type this out on my iPod from my cozy sleeping in this morninng. Last night I found the most amazing camp site on the edge of a forest. My tent is sheltered in the wwoods while I have the view of an expansive field and horizon. There is a canal out my front door where I sat last night and had my dinner.

I watched as the sun set, the clouds cleared, and the constellations revealed themselves one star at a time. Beneath my feet the celestial show was mirrored in the still water.

Supposedly it was minus 4 last night but it didn't get me. I sat there for several hours meditating on expansive scene before me. I sent out love to those close to me.

I departed Smithsrs reading a book. Courage was it's title and theme. Choose always the unknown was it's dictum. Let go of the known and the comffort of the moment, have courage, live dangerousluy. Live.

No offense to Wout, but despite his warm ands funky abode, this site is even more comfortable than my mattress on his floor. I won't say cooler because I had a pretty fun time there. However, who would have thought?

Well I guess Osho would have-- the author of the book! He even had some words for artists. Choose the unknown, forget about fame and fortune, and creativity will flow and you life will know a RICHNESS that you cannot fathom.

Indeed!

(not that i am any good at leaving comfort given my dally in griningen!)

Well on that note, I would say it's time to leave this oh so warm bag and embrace the new day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Russ! Good on ya for making it to Germany...always enjoy the pics. And nice Tragically Hip quote there from "Bobcaygeon" little bit of Canadian content hehe.

Jedi Artist said...

NICE! You picked out the Tragically Hip quote. Amusingly, as I was typing out my description of the starry scene, that is the wording that popped into my head. It took me a moment to realize where it actually came from. Yes... I have been listening to the album lately!

I am definitively still a Canadian eh?