Monday, February 2, 2009

A Marvelous Day



Its a marvelous day.

I rode into Amsterdam only three days ago without a clue as to where I would stay and what I would do.   I thought to myself:  "I'd love to stay here a few days".

As I was updating this very blog (see the last entry!), the manager of the very hostel that I had passed only 30 minutes ago, sat down beside me at the cafe where I was warming up from my ride into town.   We shared a really nice connection.   After hearing my crazy story, she took a look at my ladden bike, and I was invited to stay a free night at the hostel.   It was a very kind offer and I could do no other than to accept.

One thing has led to the other, and the hostel, which is embarking on incorporating art into its rooms, has commissioned me to paint a mural!   Its a modest comission, but I am like a solar panel that has been sitting on the floor of the Sahara all day--- I am brimming over with excitement and enthusism to be here!

I have to shake my head in wonder.

Here I am, in the center of Amsterdam, doing an art commission.  I am staying for free in the nicest single suite the hostel has to offer.   I basically have my own place, breakfast, coffee and drinks for free for the next week in the heart of one of the coolest cities in the world!  Not only this, but I am doing precisely what I love.  A mural without any artistic restrictions!    I have actually had an idea for just such a project for a year now.   

I am going to do it!   Nay... I am doing! 

 This solar panel is going to explode has alot of shine to share!    Time to turn up the tunes and paint! 


No comments: