Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good Times in Groningen


I write from the city of Gronigen in Northern Holland where I am visiting my friend Wout. Wout and I met four years ago when he and I shared a 12 hour ferry ride through BC's west coast.  Interestingly enough, I was on my bike at the time too.   After the long ferry ride we exchanged e-mail addresses.  

 Its funny how you connect with some people and not others.   There was another guy who hung out with us on the ferry, and he is but a shadow in my memory.   However, Wout and I have kept in sporadic touch for four years.

Wout's town is on my route to Berlin.  I've actually been meaning to pass through for months but, as you know all sorts of adventures have befallen me.  Thankfully, he was still as welcoming as back in November when I originally suggested that I would pass through.




No comments: