Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Mural



I am working on a mural in Amsterdam!  

 I have been giving free license to do what ever I want on one of the dormitory walls in a downtown hostel.   Talk about fun!   Perhaps its a repressed childhood inhibition from getting in trouble drawing on the walls as a kid.

I've had the idea of doing a large abstract colour painting for quite some time-- using my black line style.   Of course, I also have my mandalic tendencies.   They come together here in this sketch.   A 3D twist has worked its way in also.  In New York, working with Amie in her studio, she was always sketching swiss cheese like shapes-- undoubtedly its her influence.   Painting without a plan like this, it is always fascinating to sit back and see the many ways one has been influenced.  

Thanks Amie!

No comments: