Thursday, March 12, 2009

Elbe Campsite



I sit against a tree.  I  am at one of the most glorious camp sites I have had in a while.  I am perched on a cliff over looking the river Elbe as it winds towards Havelburg and Berlin.  I can see hundreds of kilometres in all directions.  Germany lies before me as the sun sets in a purple burst of clouds and an orange glow.  

Tonight, I will camp here under a clear and starry sky.

My tent dries in the last rays of the sun.  Before anyone gets envious--last night's forest wasn't nearly as nice.   And it rained.   My sleeping bag and cloths are scattered on tree limbs drying in the fresh breeze.

I have the whole forest and the view to myself. 

I am alone.  Yet, I am grateful.  The last few days have been intense with interactions and encounters.  Even today, in search of a cafe my intuition led me to one run by mentally challenged folks.  They were really friendly, and not only did I get a good meal, but a good natured guy took me for a tour of his city and helped me find the bike path.  Then I cruised down the road under a blue sky.

So its nice to be on my own, even if it is a tad lonely.   There is lots to process and reflect on.  The blessings just keep abounding.  The sky is now a tinged pink.  

Time to close the laptop and start my fire.

No comments: