Monday, March 9, 2009

Hamburg




I sit in a cafe in the heart of Hamburg.

I pulled into the home of Claudia Christine, at about 11 PM Friday night.   Hamburg is not a quaint little town like I have grown used to cycling through Germany.   Instead, its a really really big city!  

 It took me an epic cycle through fields, then forests, then a sprawling industrial area.  Yes, you know you're lost when you start cycling pass mammoth manufacturing plants, then chemical factories with so many tanks and pipes that look they like a Borg spaceship!  It took another hour or two from the center and commercial outskirts to make it to 34 Gronlander Strasse and Claudia's house.

However, my moments since have made it all worthwhile. 

 Claudia and I have been drifting from one magical encounter to the next.   Claudia is the Humanity's Team country coordinator for Germany.   I happened to have arrived on just the right weekend to make an HT meeting.   I spent a great afternoon with about a dozen HT teamates.   I had a chance to invite them to participate in the 1Mandala project and hear about life, culture, and spirituality in Germany.  

Here are a few of their peace portraits!





No comments: