Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Humanity's Team Connection in Leer




As I have been going through different countries I have been connecting with Humanity's Team groups and members.  Humanity's team is an organization all about Oneness-- and it has put its moral support behind my project.   There's nothing but resonance between myself, my project, humanity's team, and HT folks.

The other day, I had the immense pleasure of connecting with a Humanity's Team group in Leer Germany.

As I expressed in my last post, I was feeling daunted by the strange new land that I found myself in.  just as I had grown comfortable speaking Dutch and making my way through Holland here I was confronted by a new language, culture and road signs!   It was a jarring imposition!   

But it was also Saturday that I had been invited to join a Humanity's Team gathering in Leer Germany.

It was immediately apparent that "I was not from around these parts".   Christophe, the leader knew a little bit about what I was doing and introduced me.  I am afraid I might have detracted from the normal meeting schedule!   To my slight embarassment everyone had many questions.   

"Where in Canada did you come from?"  "How far have you biked?"   "How old are you?"  "Do you have kids?"   "How do you pay for traveling for a year on a bike?"  

However, much more interesting were their questions about Humanity's Team.

The group had been gathering for the last three years to read together CWG.  They knew about Humanity's Team, but they had no idea what it was up to.   They were extremely curious to find out about their fellow teamates in Canada and around the world.   How many teamates are there in Canada?   In the US?  What are they doing?  What is HT doing in Canada and in the World?

As the 1Mandala project has been getting established I have been interacting with HT country coordinators and HT leaders internationally.   Consequently, I actually have a fairly good grasp of what HT is doing these days.   They wanted to know if HT was doing more than just giving out free hugs!  Nothing against free hugs of course, but I was able to share with them some of HT's recent and current undertakings.

Most notably my 1Mandala project!

I'd been getting a little down on the momentum of the project lately.   Again, all this changed with the excited and enthusiastic reception my description of the project received.  Everyone wanted to know how to participate.  One lady volunteered immediately to translate the project into German.  Another, sent her peace portrait in that night.

Wow.   Nice!   Christophe and Brigitt gifted me with a warm bed and meal.   I was able to indulge in such great luxuries as a shower, washing my cloths and hosing down my bike!   Ahh!  This may sound a little silly... but....   I kissed the bathroom floor with gratefullness.



No comments: