Monday, March 23, 2009

Food, Friends, Fantastic




Oh my goodness.

Only a short while ago I was pedaling hard against the wind, nay a euro in pocket, and only a tad of food left.   

My computers and equipment were out of battery power, and I had spent several lonely nights in fields and forests.  After a very long 80 km cycle, I made it to Gantikow.

For the last few days, I've been staying at the amazing castle/home/gallery/museum of Reihart Zabka.   Reinhart, a quiet artist, has many friends.  They have been visiting and I have been cooking and they have been cooking and we have all been eating fantastically.  

Last night-- Universe be Praised in the Highest-- we went to the local spa and sauna.   

Oh my goodness gracious me... warmth, heat!    After so many cold and wet nights, I was able to re-warm my body right back to the core.   Naked, sweating and HOT, I sat in the sauna in a state of bliss that even the Buddha would envy.

Today, I cooked up a distinctive Canadian Brunch for four new German friends here at the castle.   The above is photo of the Mandalic Caprece Salad that I made-- I forgot to photograph the Salmon Eggs Benedict that I made.  It was a decided hit.  They have all headed back to Berlin, and coffee in hand I am catching up with 1Mandala work that requires focus and quiet and comfort.

Three new languages are on their way in and some amazing portraits are arriving.   I am preparing now the systems for a new version of the Mandala.   And... I am preparing to cycle on into the great city of Berlin!

Even hungry, battling the wind, there was a certain joy to it all.   I am alive.  And boy do I appreciate this coffe and that last meal.   Life is joy.

No comments: